28 July, 2015
Yesterday, on the 27th of July, 2015, Bharat Ratna Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam left us all abruptly to embark on his final journey. The nation mourns the death of this hero, who due to his incessant efforts to make the Indian Civilian space program a success, and due to his military missile developmental works, came to be popularly known as ‘The missile man of India’.
He, truly, was a lot more than just a political figure. Holding the President’s office from 2002 to 2007, Dr. Kalam was also a scientist, a writer and an youth icon, loved by the nation’s youth. The ‘indomitable spirit’ writer was twice nominated for the ‘MTV Youth Icon of the year’ award.
Also, let it be known that he had style and that he was a rockstar.
1. ‘If you want to shine like the sun, first burn like the sun.’
2. ‘All of us do not have equal talents. But all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.’
3. ‘It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.’
4. ‘Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.’
5. ‘Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.’
6. ‘All birds find shelter during rain. But eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds.’
7. ‘Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.’
8. ‘Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.’
9. ‘Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.’
10. ‘Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.’
RIP, Dr. Kalam.
May you soar your way to heaven with your wings of fire.